WP3 - Virology platform
WP3 leader: Zaiga Nora-Krukle, Director of the Institute of Microbiology and Virology, RSU, has a strong background in Virology (herpesviruses, parvoviruses) and is currently studying the association between herpesviruses/parvoviruses and autoimmune diseases (Rheumatoid arthritis, ME/CFS) and human parvovirus B19, bocavirus and parvovirus 4 involvement in inflammatory neurological diseases using interdisciplinary approach. She has experience in the leadership of research projects and project platforms (leader of WP3 in FP7 Baltinfect project) currently are participating in COST Action CA15111 „European Network on Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (EUROMENE)”.
- Promote existing personnel capacity with competences in virology methods for persistent viral infection detection;
- Build capacity and transfer knowledge by involving undergraduate and post-graduate students;
- Acquire knowledge on viral infection involvement in the development of non-communicable diseases;
- Promote and strengthen collaboration inside a multidisciplinary unit;
- Establish personal contacts with the researchers from partnering countries to facilitate RSU integration in ERA
3.1 Secondment organization and coordination for increasing staff knowledge in virology
3.2 Invitation of experts in virology for knowledge transfer, participation in summer school with short-term training
3.3 Organization of 2-day workshop “Viral infection as aetiological or trigger factors of autoimmune diseases"
3.4 Organization of a summer school “New trends in molecular and immunological detection methodology of persistent viral infection”
D3.1 Materials on successful workshop accomplishment (M10)
D3.2 Materials on successful summer school accomplishment, including guidelines for WP3 (M22)